The set of nominated papers will be selected for publication in:
- Water Science and Technology
- Water Science and Technology: Water Supply
- Water Practice and Technology
- Ecological Chemistry and Engineering S
- Archives of Environmental Protection
- Scientific Papers of Warsaw University of Technology, series Environmental Engineering.
Water Science and Technology
Water Science and Technology publishes peer-reviewed papers on all aspects of the science and technology of water pollution control and water quality management worldwide. This encompasses five broad areas:
- Wastewater treatment and transportation processes for stormwater and domestic, industrial and municipal effluents.
- Sources of pollution including hazardous wastes and source control.
- Effects and impacts of pollution on rivers, lakes, groundwater and marine waters.
- Water reuse and aquatic environmental restoration.
- Policy, strategy, control and management aspects of water quality.
Water Science and Technology – together with its adjunct journals Water Science and Technology: Water Supply and Water Practice and Technology – has a special mission to serve as a bridge between science, engineering applications and management aspects of water as represented by the many IWA Specialist Groups. Papers describing progress in full-scale implementations are particularly encouraged. WST aims at fast publication for new findings and research directions.
Water Science and Technology: Water Supply, together with Water Science and Technology and Water Practice and Technology, have a special mission to serve as a bridge between science, engineering applications and management aspects of water supply as represented by the many IWA Specialist Groups. Papers describing progress in full-scale implementations are particularly encouraged. Water Science and Technology: Water Supply offers fast publication for new findings and research directions concerning water supply and management.
Water Practice and Technology, published as an online complement to Water Science and Technology and Water Science and Technology: Water Supply, presents papers on all practical aspects of water and wastewater treatment and management throughout the water cycle.
Papers are primarily aimed at practitioners, but will also be of interest to scientists, managers and those active in training and professional development. Subjects covered include solutions to practical problems in the design, operation or management of water supply, wastewater treatment, drainage and flood protection, and environmental management, including social, economic and public participation aspects of water. This includes informative case studies, practical „know-how” reports, full-scale applications of new technologies, „best practice” and applied management concepts, including lessons learnt from unsuccessful experiences.
Ecological Chemistry and Engineering S
The quarterly Ecological Chemistry and Engineering S is a multidisciplinary journal devoted to the publishing of original scientific papers, review articles, professional papers, case reports and varia (professional information, book reviews, etc.).
It is pertinent to describe methods determining quality of air, water, soils and food in the fields on:
- monitoring and biomonitoring of an environment,
- models of pollutant spreading in air or within soil,
- technologies to minimize pollution of environment,
- remediation techniques,
- renewable energy sources.
Archives of Environmental Protection
Archives of Environmental Protection is the oldest Polish scientific journal of international scope that publishes articles on engineering and environmental protection. The quarterly has been published by the Institute of Environmental Engineering, Polish Academy of Sciences since 1975.
The Journal accepts for publication only original research papers covering such topics as:
- air quality, air pollution prevention and treatment;
- wastewater treatment and utilization;
- soil protection and remediation;
- hydrology and water quality, water treatment;
- waste management;
- ecosystem restoration, toxicology and sustainability;
- transformations and transport of organic pollutants in the environment;
- transformations and transport of inorganic pollutants in the environment;
- measurement techniques used in environmental engineering and monitoring;
- other topics directly related to environmental engineering and environment protection.
Scientific Papers of Warsaw University of Technology, series Environmental Engineering
The paper for publication in Scientific Papers of The Warsaw University of Technology, series „Environmental Engineering”, titled „Present-day problems of Engineering and Protection of Environment”, has to be original and unpublished work, which presents results of own scientific examinations. Original review papers ranged of engineering and protection of environment, also may be qualified.
Scientific Papers of The Warsaw University of Technology, series „Environmental Engineering”, are available in 18 international libraries and 26 libraries in Poland, including 15 in universities of technology.